This 1939 Lilac Way park has a bright future and a new name.

See photos of the grand opening of the renovated Lilac Park.

After 2 years of planning, a year of restoration and a team of dedicated workers, one of the only two remaining Lilac Way parks has come back to life.

Formerly known as St. Louis Park Roadside Park, it has been renamed Lilac Park. Now complete, it features:

  1. One of two remaining original Lilac Way beehives

  2. New trail connection to Southwest Regional Trail for bikers, walkers and skaters

  3. Landscape plans based on original 1939 Arthur Nichols plan

  4. Four restored limestone tables with patterned cement concrete bases

  5. Resurfaced circular internal biking/walking trail (formerly a roadway for cars).

  6. New interpretive park and trail signage

  7. Restored ‘council ring’ and fire pit 

  8. New parking spaces

  9. Location at SE corner of Highways 7 and 100 near the Nordic Ware tower

 

Thanks to the City of SLP, the SLP Historical Society, State Historical Preservation Organization, and Mn/DOT.